On September 13, 2022, the American Red Cross of East Central GA will host the 11th annual HEROES Breakfast. The HEROES Breakfast recognizes local individuals whose extraordinary acts of courage or kindness make them a hero. Please take a minute to nominate a hero to be honored. The nomination deadline is July 15th.
The American Red Cross is accepting hero nominations in the following categories:
- Good Samaritan Hero: Ordinary citizen that used lifesaving skills to save a life (adult over 21 years)
- Good Samaritan Youth Hero: Youth ordinary citizen that used lifesaving skills to save a life (youth under 21 years)
- Medical Hero: Medical professional, organization, or an ordinary citizen whose lifesaving actions went above the call of duty
- Law Enforcement Hero: Law enforcement or 011 dispatch agent whose lifesaving actions have gone above the call of duty
- Educator/Community Hero: Educator or community citizen that used lifesaving training to save the life of another
- Animal Rescue Hero: Ordinary citizen that has used lifesaving training to save the life of one or more animals
- Fire Rescue Hero: Professional or volunteer whose lifesaving actions went above the call of duty
- Wilderness Rescue Hero: Ordinary citizen or professional rescuer involved in rescuing a person in a wilderness environment
- Military Hero: Armed Forces (active or retired) whose life-saving actions have gone above the call of duty
- Water Rescue Hero: Ordinary citizen or professional that used lifesaving skills to save a life
- Spirit of the American Red Cross Hero: Red Cross volunteer involved in lifesaving disaster relief efforts locally or nationally
- Community Partner Hero: Community group, neighborhood organization, or local company that consistently demonstrates a commitment to making a difference.
- Nurse Hero: A nurse that used lifesaving skills to save a life.
Submit your online nomination form HERE
Heroes are nominated by the public and are chosen by an awards selection committee, who select honorees based on the degree to which their actions embody the spirit and the mission of the Red Cross.