When it comes to fast-food restaurants, there is money to be made. The top 10 most profitable fast-food restaurants make billions, yes, billions of dollars a year. The convenience of fast food makes life on the go, go!
According to moneyinc.com, it costs around $10,000 to open a Chick-fil-A restaurant, and this is the cheapest start-up fee for a fast-food restaurant. Around 20,000 people apply yearly to open a Chick-fil-A restaurant. From these applicants, the company chooses between 75 and 80 new restaurant locations per year.
Fees To Own A Restaurant
Now the downside. You must pay a fee that is 15% of sales. Additionally, you pay a fee that is 50% of the profit that remains. All of this is the pre-tax amount. Compare that to the 4% charge and 10.7% lease charge that is expected of a McDonald’s franchise. That’s a pretty significant difference.
The startup cost of Taco Bell is between $1.2 and $2.6 million. And, to start up a McDonald’s franchise, you’ll pay between $1 million and $2.2 million just to get started. To even be considered for a franchise, you must have liquid assets of half a million.
So while you see the profits and money made, just keep in mind that the cost to own and start a fast-food restaurant can be very expensive. So, when you go into a restaurant, take care of the building and help keep it clean. It’s expensive to operate for our convince.
Fun Fast Food Nuggets
- Every month, approximately nine out of 10 American children visit a McDonald’s restaurant.
- Today, in fast food restaurants, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo products are sold in every country in the world, except North Korea.
- There are more than 300,000 fast-food restaurants in the U.S. alone.
- McDonald’s is Brazil’s largest employer.
- Burger King’s Double Whopper with cheese contains 923 calories. A person would need to walk for about nine miles to burn it off.
- Over 84 million people have eaten fast food at least once a day.
What Are My Top 5 Fast Food Restaurants
5 – Taco Bell
4 – Sonic
3 – Panda Express
2 – Wendy’s
1 – Chick-fil-A
So, now that you know what it cost and what fast food restaurants make, still want to own one?